Pages

12/23/2011

SECOND DAY OF CHRISTMAS

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
Last year to commemorate the holiday season I made a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas and this year it is back but the topic is new and I hope just as exciting as the last. This years the countdown will be on Novel Destinations. Stories where the setting was not just a mere back drop but an extra character in the story as well. So enjoy and let the fun begin:)
12 Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
11 Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
10 Quentins by Maeve Binchy
9 The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
8 Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
7 City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
6 Persuasion by Jane Austen
5 Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving
4 The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
3 Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2 Anne of Green Gables Lucy Maud Montgomery
A Canadian classic. I grew up with this book and it's wonderful movie adaptation since I was little. The majestic beauty of the natural countryside and the hills of untainted green grass makes me nostalgic for it it every time I think about it. I have not been to PEI (Prince Edward Island) but it is on my must see places and it is close to the top of the list. I feel like it is a part of me and I have fallen in love with it even though I have never been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!