Pages

12/06/2011

TOP TEN CHILDHOOD FAVES

Hey everyone. I am participating for the first time in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every Tuesday  over at The Broke and the Bookish they post their top ten lists on various topics. They also have a designated Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics and upcoming topics listed out as well.

This week's top ten is... CHILDHOOD FAVES!!
My love of reading began as a child and so this topic is extra special and fun. It is going to be hard to simply have ten but I will try. List is in no particular order.

Corduroy by Don Freeman
1. Corduroy was one of my favourites as a child. I remember reading this one over and over again. It also made me fall in love with anything bears.. specifically teddy bears.

12 Dancing
Princesses by Marianna Mayer
2. I blogged about this book in Cover(s) to Covet post and the reason is very obvious. The illustrations in this book are INSANELY beautiful and many times did I want to escape into that world and dance with the princesses and their princes.

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodges Burnett
3. When I read this I knew why it was such a classic. I fell in love with the story and it's characters instantly. I still remember the cover art that I also did for the book report I did on it . Classic. Love it.

The Hunters Moon by O.R. Melling
4. This was the first book about faeries that I read. Right now there seems to be a lot of books on faeries but nothing beats this story for me. I still think about it today and have the original copy in my bookshelf. 

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
5. Love, love, love this one. I remember the read along we had in class with all the other students. All of us gripped as the teacher read aloud.

The Babysitters Club Ann M. Martin
6. This was the first series that I got really into. I think that I read every Babysitters Club book there was in my library. I also watched the movie.

The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base
7. This book is a classic in my house. Not many people have heard of it but I fell in love with the illustrations which are out of this world. There is a library in this book that pretty much captures my dream library.

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
8. Very popular and a modern classic. After reading this I had to read every Judy Blume book I could get my hands on and I did.

Tales of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
9. This was another series that I loved. I would sneak away in a corner of the library with a Beatrix Potter book and escape for a while. Memories.

The Complete Hans Christian Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen
10. My go to book for all things fairytales. An omnibus of all the classics like The Little Mermaid, The Snow Queen, The Emperors New Suit and many more.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god I forgot about the Baby Sitters movie! I was so excited to go and see that with my friends when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is awesome. That is all.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!