Pages

12/22/2010

FIFTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

To commemorate the holiday season I am going to make a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas. This year the countdown will be on my favourite film adaptations of books. Keep in mind that in most cases the printed version is still better the film but this list is for films that have done a great job at capturing the spirit of the novel or are just purely entertaining. So enjoy and let the fun begin:) 
❅ 
12 The Client

11 Dracula
10 Breakfast at Tiffany's
9 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
8 The Great Gatsby
7 Circle of Friends
6 The Count of Monte Cristo

5 Jane Eyre
❅ 
There is a very small list of novels that I have read over and over and over again. Jane Eyre is one of those extraordinary books. I consider it to be one of my all time favourites. I first read the novel once summer long ago when I had found a copy lying around a friend's house. Ever since then I have been mesmerized by the beauty of this novel. There have been many notable adaptations of Jane Eyre (almost all of them are quite good). Though it was hard to choose, my favourite version is the 2006 adaptation. It is romantic, passionate and charming. I could not end this post without letting you all know about two other adaptaions that are also amazing. Here they are, enjoy:
Jane Eyre (1983 TV Serial) BBC
Jane Eyre (1997 TV Serial) A&E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!