Pages

12/26/2010

FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS

To commemorate the holiday season I am going to make a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas. This year the countdown will be on my favourite film adaptations of books. Keep in mind that in most cases the printed version is still better the film but this list is for films that have done a great job at capturing the spirit of the novel or are just purely entertaining. So enjoy and let the fun begin:)
12 The Client
11 Dracula
10 Breakfast at Tiffany's 
9 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe 
8 The Great Gatsby 
7 Circle of Friends 
6 The Count of Monte Cristo 
5 Jane Eyre
4 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
3 Fahrenheit 451
2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Pride and Prejudice
Final drum roll please.. bbrruumm!! The number one best (my personal favourite) movie/series/special adaptation from a novel is Pride and Prejudice (1995 BBC series) starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. There are not enough good things that I can say about this film!! It is a perfect interpretation of the novel. When I imagined Elizabeth and Darcy it was exactly as they are in this film. The acting is perfection, the attraction love/hate all too real and believable, and the scenery is to die for. I mean as I said I can go on and on about how much I love this film so for now I will stop right there. If you have watched it you know what I am talking about. If you have not watched it, do so right away. You don't know what your missing!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this movie! I agree with you that every aspect of this adaptation is perfect but the best part is, of course, the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. Like you say, you believe it when they hate each other and you believe it when they fall in love - most enjoyably!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!