Pages

1/04/2012

INFINITE DAYS BY REBECCA MAIZEL

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1)
By Rebecca Maizel

Release Date: August 3, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 308
Source: Bought

Buy this bookAmazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.
But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

This story was a new take on Vampire lore and I have to say that I liked it. In Infinite Days Rebecca Maizel presents a Vampire Queen to us with her own deadly coven that she created. A coven that is unyieldingly loyal her. Now what happens if you decide to abandon your coven (of lethal vampires) and decide to become human... well that is the story that Rebecca Maizel wrote and I have to say that I enjoyed it more than I thought then I would. Firstly, Lenah was a well written character. She walked the fine line as an ancient vampire who was walking through the minefield of teenage life (a life she had left hundreds of years ago). She was worldly, smart, was a multi linguist and most importantly likable as a heroine who is at first bad but turns a new leaf. Reading about Lenah as she got in touch with her humanity was both believable and enjoyable as well.

Another thing that I loved was the flashbacks into Lenah's old life. These flashbacks were some of the best parts of the book for me. The descriptions of the Vampire world that Lenah inhabited were lush and beautiful. I found it very hard to get back to the present day after traveling back in time with Lenah. And Rhode.. the Vampire that sacrifices himself so that Lenah can become human. I was a BIG fan of his character. I would love to read a story on Rhode and his Vampire life before his death. That would make a great story.

However, I did find a few things that I didn't feel were inauthentic. For one, I found the relationship between Lenah and Justin was out of the blue and kinda unwarranted. They just fell for each other and that was it. I would would have liked it if the relationship was developed more (so that it could be more realistic). And secondly, l found that the ending was way too fast paced. The story was building in a good steady speed and then suddenly everything had to be resolved and so I felt a lot of story was packed together in the end.

Overall, I would say that this story was a good read and worth the pick up. I thought the story was well written and the central story was one worth reading. A unique and different twist to traditional Vampire lore.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, I liked this as well. Hopefully, the sequel will be out this year, it's been pushed back so many times. I loved Rhode's character too and hated Justin Enos and the relationship with Lenah. Justin was a tool...
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!