Pages

12/14/2011

ELEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

ROME, ITALY
Last year to commemorate the holiday season I made a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas and this year it is back but the topic is new and I hope just as exciting as the last. This years the countdown will be on Novel Destinations. Stories where the setting was not just a mere back drop but an extra character in the story as well. So enjoy and let the fun begin:)
12 Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
11 Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Angel's and Demons follows Robert Langdon through Rome on a countdown to stop a deadly bomb from going off. Despite the gripping story line I was mesmerized by the setting of Rome in the story. The clues are lined in historical buildings in the city which was amazing. I felt like it was a history lesson and an escape all wrapped into one. Just great.

2 comments:

  1. I did not care for this movie. However, the book was very interesting and I loved it. Great pick!

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Castel Sant'Angelo was one of the more interesting places I saw in Italy. I haven't read the book but I did like Rome's 'role' in the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!