Pages

12/15/2011

TENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

DUBLIN, IRELAND
Last year to commemorate the holiday season I made a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas and this year it is back but the topic is new and I hope just as exciting as the last. This years the countdown will be on Novel Destinations. Stories where the setting was not just a mere back drop but an extra character in the story as well. So enjoy and let the fun begin:)
❅
12 Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
11 Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
10 Quentins by Maeve Binchy
❅
Almost all of Binchys work is set in her country of Ireland and I see why. I have always wanted to visit Ireland but when I read a Binchy book I REALLY want to visit it. Both charming, historic and luscious country side. I may go this coming year (fingers crossed) but we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Ireland is amazing! The only problem with reading books where the setting plays such a role is that I want to be there... The Aran Islands are gorgeous - definitely go if you get a chance! I loved Dublin and Galway as well. :) I must go back some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely make note to check them out. I really hope that I get the chance to go this coming summer. Thanks Randi for stopping by:)

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!