Pages

12/19/2011

SIXTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

BATH, ENGLAND
Last year to commemorate the holiday season I made a string of special posts inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas and this year it is back but the topic is new and I hope just as exciting as the last. This years the countdown will be on Novel Destinations. Stories where the setting was not just a mere back drop but an extra character in the story as well. So enjoy and let the fun begin:)
12 Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
11 Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
10 Quentins by Maeve Binchy
9 The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
8 Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
7 City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
6 Persuasion by Jane Austen
In this Austen classic I was bitten by the Bath bug. It didn't help that my sister went there to study for a semester abroad either. Quaint, beautiful, and relaxed are just some of the things that Bath has to offer. The Roman baths, the pump room, and the Royal Crescent are also other amazing landmarks with character and history. I hope that I get to visit one day. 

2 comments:

  1. I also studied for a semester in Bath, before finishing my degree in London. It is a gorgeous town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY ME! That semseter abroad was incredble. Bath is a wonderful place and I'm still a little shocked that Austen didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!