Pages

11/07/2012

MOCKINGJAY BY SUZANNE COLLINS

Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins
Release Date: August 24, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 390
Source: Bought
Buy this book: Amazon

Synopsis (from Goodreads): My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.


This was a strong solid end to what was an incredible series. Coming in from such a strong debut and and incredible follow-up I was skeptical that the momentum could be maintained. Mockinjay was slow in the pacing at the beginning however the story does eventually pick up. I will not give up any spoilers here but I will say that Suzanne Collins wrote such a haunting book that I am sure will remain with me forever.

The story is still strong and the struggles of Katniss and the rebels to over throw the Capitol comes with many turns and surprises. Turns that had me shocked and reeling! At the end of this series I have to say that it was an amazing journey about the value of humanity and the dangers of the sensationalism of the modern media. I loved Mockingjay and the series as a whole. Great message and an incredible read.

1 comment:

  1. I love this book, Just today I watched the second book's movie and it was amazing! Can't wait for the next one to come out.

    Grace Crawford Day Trip Alaska Bear Viewing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!