Pages

9/27/2010

THE WORD ON THE STREET: NATIONAL BOOK & MAGAZINE FESTIVAL



Today (well technically yesterday) I attended “The Word On The Street” festival held at Queens Park. If I had to describe the day in one word it would be AMAZING. I’m really glad that I was able to attend this year and I can’t wait for the next year. The festival was everything I expected and much more. When I arrived, I was excited to see that the park was flooding with people young and old all there brought together by their love of books.

I stood for a moment daunted by the endless rows of white tents stretching as far as the eye can see. I didn’t think I would get through them all but luckily I did. There were author reading and autograph tents, book vendor tents, food tents, as well as entertainment tents exhibiting music and performances.

Overall, I was able to get a full experience listening to lecture/talk on the art of storytelling and partaking in a scavenger hunt which included having a poet write a personalized poem for me on the spot (how cool is that).

And of course perusing for new books to add to my library. I bought several books which I will reveal soon along with the free goodies I received at the festival. I’m looking forward to reviewing and sharing them with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!! I read every comment and appreciate them all!

Also please note that any negative comments, personal attacks or spam will be deleted. Thank you again for stopping by.

Happy Reading!